Industrial actions taking place on 11th January 2023

Posted by: Mark - Posted on:

NHS services across the North East & Yorkshire region are experiencing extremely high demand at the moment – this includes GP practices which are extremely busy 

• If you need advice for a minor/mild illness or injury, in the first instance, please either contact your local pharmacy for help or look at the self-care advice that’s available on-line from the NHS at

• If you want to check your symptoms, there is an on-line symptom checker available at, which will re-direct you to a health professional if you need to be consulted by someone. 

• The 111 online service is effective and efficient and endorsed by your GP. You will be dealt with more quickly using 111 online than calling 111. Go to